Thursday, July 12, 2012

Strip Me Away

My travel time to work is an hour or so. I try to keep my day positive amid the traffic jam and overloaded MRT (Metro Rail Transit) rides through a good playlist. Lately, I've been listening a lot to Natasha Bedingfield's Strip Me Away album. It's released last year as an expanded version of her album Strip Me (2010).

The 16 tracks in the album is fused with Pop and RnB, from upbeats to ballads, showing-off Bedingfield's vocal range and versatility. I learned this album to be underrated since most people I ask are unfamiliar with it and upon research, wasn't as successful as her previous ones. This saddens me because I love Natasha! She has this amazing husky voice and she co-wrote all her singles!

In her defense, I found most songs in this album very good. Namely, "Neon Lights", "Put Your Arms Around Me", "Run-Run-Run" (All three are fun, upbeat love songs), "Strip Me" (This title track is all about self-empowerment), "Little Too Much", "Try" (Both have slow melodies and touching lyrics) and of course, my most-played, "No Mozart" (Listen to it NOW and you'll know why). ;)

Also, they added her 2008 hit "Pocketful of Sunshine" in this copy. Some of you may think the album is promiscuous due to its title BUT it's not like that at all! Like I said in my intro, it's inspiring, fresh music that keeps my spirits up when I commute. So whenever you feel down, just think of the song Strip Me as it goes,
"I'm only one voice in a million but you ain't taking that from me."
 Oh yeah.

-Martha

No comments: