Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Keeping in Touch


T: Lunch at Luz Kitchenette in Gapan
B: With cousins Ochie and Akie
Anytime we visit our relatives in the province is a happy occassion indeed. Martha and I, my mom, and a few aunts went to Nueva Ecija last week. We were there for only two days so I savored every minute catching up with my cousins, nieces, and aunts. We also enjoyed food we don't usually eat in the city like talangkang bukid, longganisa Cabanatuan, and the local delicacies: puto and suman.

They say that the Filipinos are known for their hospitality and I couldn't agree more. Who else but us would be delighted if a van full of people showed up at their doorstep and declared 'We'll stay here for the night'? Of course, our relatives were informed of our visit but you get my drift. Can't wait to see them again soon. :)


-Faye

No comments: