Monday, July 22, 2013

Going Bananas @ Banapple

I've always wanted to eat at Banapple ever since I drooled over pictures of their decadent pies on the net. It took years to finally realize that dream (I dunno why). And when I did just a week ago, it was everything I expected.

The ambience is very inviting. It is quaint and cozy with mosaic tables and a heavenly cakes display. It set the mood for a perfect dinner with my friends and Ate as we shared childhood memories and laughters.

The food is great from Jen's Bacon Fried Chicken Steaks with Milk'shroom Gravy (190) to Erika's Terrific Tuna Sandwich (140) which they kindly let me taste. ;) Ate Faye's Hickory Smoked Country Barbecued Ribs (₱200) is tender and moist. Its sweet, smoky bbq sauce marries well with the meat.
Lasagna Roll-ups 

I had the Lasagna Roll-ups (₱195) which, frankly, is good enough for two (which goes for all their entrees, really) but I happen to finish it anyway since it's so darn delicious. The tang of its cream cheese filling fights with the meaty (I suspect a hint of anchovies) tomato sauce and subdued by the delicate pasta wrapping. A mouthful of this is like a happy explosion of flavors. This made my favorite list, a worthy contender to Tender Bob's Baked Ziti.

Team Bacon
For dessert, Erika and I had a slice each of the famous Banoffee Pie (₱105). The layers of cream, toffee-drizzled banana slices, and crust are perfect. I like that it is sweet but not overly. Jen had something quite similar, the Praline Banana Cream Pie (₱110) but the bananas on hers are sweeter ergo the praline. Ate Faye was enticed by the Maple Pecan and Candied Bacon Holiday Cheesecake (₱130). It's both festive to the eyes and the stomach. I was skeptical with the 'bacon' bit but it turns out to be yummy! The nuts and sugared bacon adds crunch to the smooth and yummy cheesecake. A must-try.

We stayed there for hours, savoring our meals and chatting happily. You could say we went bananas. But hey, who could blame us?

Rating: 4.25/5

-Martha

Location:
Banapple - 2F Il Terrazzo Mall, Tomas Morato, South Triangle, Quezon City

No comments: