Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Name Day

As I've said before, May is my favorite month of the year. Not just because it's the fiesta season or that the first rain of the year falls around this time but also because it's my name day month! Like everybody else, I look forward to having my own day. Which is to say, the day I was born.

Good haul this year! :)
Well, what's wrong with that really? Everyone greets me 'Happy Birthday!' as if I've done something really amazing, people around me makes me feel important so much so that they keep their criticisms and opinions (of moi) to themselves (for the day), they agree with everything I say, they praise me for no apparent reason, and the best bit is that I get presents!

Ah yes, the gifts. People I love honor my being alive and turning a year older by giving colorful, wrapped presents.  It may be big or small, expensive or cheap, useful or useless, may or may not be the thing I wanted but all the same I get to have something to appreciate. As they say: It's the thought that counts.

And isn't that great? When I think about it, it's okay if people don't pay attention to me 364days out of a year but that one day, that one special day, I want to feel as if that day belongs to me and nobody else's.

Well, of course this is untrue as there will be hundred million others celebrating their birthdays as well, but who cares? This is my day! :)

-Faye

No comments: