Saturday, May 11, 2013

Let's Go To The Beach

Based on a review I read about Villa Navarro, I wasn't too thrilled when I learned our company summer outing will be there. But when we arrived there last week, we were greeted by a friendly staff and quickly checked-in our rooms. Since we were sixteen in the group (including children) we occupied three executive rooms and a family cottage. Though rooms were a bit small and sparse in decorations they were clean and basic amenities were provided.

Lunch was already waiting for us after depositing our bags. It was simple but delicious. We had inihaw na porkchop, pritong bangus, and monggo with bagnet. They served ripe mangoes for dessert that were very sweet. The servers were attentive to our needs.

Afterwards, we changed into our swimsuits and took a dip in their pool where a watchful lifeguard supervised us. This was comforting esp. with kids around. The drawback was that they only let us use the pool until 8pm. This I believe was because the lifeguard gets off at 8pm, too. We were a bit disappointed but took consolation on the fact that we can swim in the beach which is a few yards away from the resort. However, that afternoon, the waves were just too big for us to enjoy it much.

Enjoying the scenery and having a blast with friends

At dinner, they served us sweet and sour fish fillet, beef nilaga, and diningding. For dessert, juicy watermelon. They were tasty and plenty to go around. We ate at the nipa hut near the beach. It was so relaxing to hear the waves crashing on the shore and feel the wind on our skin. This was what I came here for. 

A videoke machine was also set up in our nipa hut and we sang 'til the wee hours of the night. I hope we didn't bother anyone. Their bar also served us drinks like beer, gin, and cola.

The next morning, we took a stroll on the beach and watched stray dogs play. At some point some of them approached us but I didn't mind because I'm a dog lover. I also think it added to the appeal of the resort. 'Probinsyang-probinsya' comes to mind. They served us fried egg, longganisa Vigan, and garlic rice for breakfast. Fresh pineapple as panghimagas (dessert).

All in all, it was a great stay at this resort. The furniture could be improved/updated, the place/look could use a bit of sprucing up, and maybe longer hours on use of pool. I liked that the place is kept clean, has lots of trees, good food, polite staff (very prompt and accommodating), and its quiet and simple ambience. I also like that they seem animal friendly (I saw a guest check in with his dog).

I was apprehensive at first but now I could see myself coming back there.

-Faye


Location:
Villa Navarro Resort - Caba, La Union, Philippines

No comments: