Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Today I Don't Feel Like Doing Anything

It's been raining all day so I basically spent it by lying on bed and listening to my iPod. One artist struck me in particular. The melody of his songs are light yet moving, the lyrics are well-written (I later found out that he wrote and produced all his songs with his team called 'The Smeezingtons'), and his voice is just beautiful. It's the perfect feel-good playlist.

I'm talking about Bruno Mars and his debut album, Doo-Wops & Hooligans. It consists of his hits like the sweet love song "Just the Way You Are" and the martyr-themed "Grenade".  Also the carefree "Marry You" which talks about youths jumping into marriage, the poignant "Talking to the Moon" for the heartbroken, and the friendship song "Count on Me". His songs are fresh and relate-able. The song that I can relate to the most today is definitely "The Lazy Song". Haha!

Other songs by Bruno Mars that are unfortunately not included in the record are "Nothin' on You" and "Billionaire" where he was featured by fellow artists B.o.B and Travie McCoy, respectively. Personal favorites are his version of Brandy's ballad, "Long Distance" and his new uplifting song, "Today My Life Begins".

It's now 11 in the evening and it's still drizzling. I better crawl back to bed and push the replay button. Can't get enough of Bruno! :)


-Martha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bruno mars :)<3