Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hello, Harry!

You could say it was love at first sight. I was in my last year of college when I first laid eyes on Harry. There I was minding my own business when my uncle gave my little brother, Rap, a set of books. Little did I know my world will never be the same.

They were the first 3 books of the Harry Potter series. I read Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban first because my brother was still reading the other two. I couldn't believe that I liked... no wait, loved this children's book! I  mean, I'm supposed to be a teenager full of angst, cursing & hating my life. Instead, I was giddy like a little girl.

You see, I was transported to another world. A magical world to be exact. Where instead of a cellphone as a must-have, you get to have a wand; where your best friend is a giant & your pet is an owl. I always thought that my Chemistry professor was a "terror" but found out she's a saint compared to Snape.

Harry Potter is not just a book. It is a story most of us can relate to. It mirrors some of the things we go through and a place to escape to when "real life" becomes chaotic . I guess the child in me hasn't grown up yet but I'm glad I met a friend called Harry.


-Faye

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yey! Harry Potter! These series of books are great.

Mitch said...

I swear, if Hogwarts was real, I'd be one of those trying hard to get in and enroll. But of course, I'm sure I wouldn't have to try hard really because I'd be receiving an invitation to study there...because I'm a "witch" (the good, kick-ass, kind-hearted type) at heart. And we'll definitely see each other within those Hogwarts walls and be bestfriends again. =)
Love you, Faye! Miss hanging out with you and Martha and the rest of the Chuas. Youfamily is like a second family to me (one of my many special second families). Dang, I'm eternally an adopted kid sa dami ng umampon sa 'kin hehehe
Keep in touch,
Mitch

Faye & Martha said...

Of course we'll be best friends no matter what, where, when or who we'd become! I love you, too! Thanks for the comment. -Faye :)