Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Friendly Visit

Last September was my 1st time to visit Zamboanga City. We were scheduled to stay for a week so I was excited to experience another side of our culture. But it was again for work and if history is to repeat itself, I knew I will not be seeing much of the place. I was right. I was mostly at the training site doing what I came there to do.

With Ate Malou and Ate Eppie
I was resigned to being serious and had a 'let's get down to business' mindset that I was surprised when my colleagues reminded me that we will be seeing Ate Eppie and Ate Malou later.

A few years ago, our group conducted a seminar in Cagayan de Oro and they were participants there. Because the group was small, we had more time to get to know one another. Our conversations transcended from work topics to stories of our families. It was also in CDO that we went river rafting. Most of us were first timers so that bonding made it more special.

Speakers-a-posing
Ate Eppie invited us to dinner with her husband. We later met the rest of her family when she took us for a short visit to her beautiful house. We saw them again for the seminar's 'Fellowship Night'.

I did visit the city's market called 'Barter' (I bought a couple of locally made scarves) and the seminar was great but seeing my friends again was the highlight of this trip for me. :)


-Faye

No comments: