Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy Sim-ming!


Did you know? The Sims is the
best-selling PC game in history!
It all began when I was twelve. I remember one day finding my siblings crowded around our old personal computer. They were trying out a new game they had just installed. I was so amazed with what I saw on the screen. There were little people (better called as Sims) moving as my sister clicked tasks for them to do. It was like playing a dollhouse only this time, it's virtual and adult-friendly.

The Sims, developed by Maxis and published by Electronic Arts, is a strategic life-simulating computer game. You get to decide your Sim's name, looks, family members, job, and house. Like in real life, you have to maintain your Sims' basic needs such as hunger, hygiene, fun, etc. and improve their living by earning money the hard way or by simply using your trusty cheat, 'Kaching'!

Swimming & playing the guitar at the park
A few years later, our fondness with The Sims was taken to the next level when its sequel was released. The Sims 2 has 3D graphics and cooler features than the first one. In example, your Sim can now grow old, have children, grandchildren and finally, expire. Your game moves on as long as there's a Sim left in the next generation. 

A few more years passed and The Sims 3 was born. The graphics are more life-like. The towns are bigger, interactions are more diverse, and the expansion packs are more exciting! There are currently 4 expansion packs available: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night and Generations. 
*Note: Watch out for The Sims 3 Pets which is set to be released this October. 

Ok. I made this blog because I'm spending way too many hours playing this game for the past week. I get so absorbed with my Sims life that I don't notice how time flies by in real life! For now, I better give my eyes (and my Sims!) a rest. 'Til next time, Happy Sim-ming! :)


-Martha

No comments: