Monday, March 5, 2012

Hello, Stranger!


A friend of mine, Mark, recommended this 2010 Thai film to me and I instantly fell in love with it. I even love it more than Crazy Little Thing Called Love. Sorry, Mario Maurer. <3 And thank you, Mark! Now I can't stop suggesting it to everyone I know, feeling it's my duty to pay it forward. :)

While on a separate tour in South Korea, two complete strangers (a girl and a boy), wound up traveling together. Little by little, they learned about each other's lives and secrets except for their names which were, by the way, never revealed during the entire movie!

Hugging Korean drama statues. I get you, sister.
It's a romantic-comedy with a really nice story line. Prepare yourselves to laugh at their antics, get butterflies on your bellies during the 'kilig' scenes, appreciate Seoul's beauty, and hold your breaths for the much-awaited ending.

"Strangers are just friends waiting to happen." -Rob McKuen

...In some cases, even more than 'just friends'. ;)

-Martha

5 comments:

Donna Smith (FB/JFF) said...

Sounds like a cute movie. Interesting the way you never learn their names... that's something new! :)

Faye & Martha said...

Hi, Donna! It is! Hope you'd like it. :)

Anonymous said...

martHa! do you have a copy of this? i wanna watch after reading your review haha -wendy

Faye & Martha said...

WENDY! Yes, I have a soft copy. I'll lend it to you later. Mwah!

faye said...

Funny, I know all the 'Koreanovelas' mentioned in this movie. I like it, as a whole, but a wee bit long for me. 'Daang' looks like a Luis Manzano-Christian Bautista crossbreed. Haha... Rating: 3.5/5