Our whole universe is in a hot dense state,
Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait...
The Earth began to cool,
The autotrophs began to drool,
Neanderthals developed tools,
We built a wall (we built the pyramids!),
Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries,
That all started with a big bang. BANG!
|The tag line says it all, earthlings.|
The show's script is wittily written. The punchlines are a bit unusual since it involve scientific terms and icons. But surprisingly, it's still funny! I guess that's the charm of the show... The Big Bang Theory brings the audience closer to the nerds. And instead of being stereotyped as losers, for once they get to be the stars!
Here's a run-down of the characters:
- Leonard Hofstadter, Ph.D. - An experimental physicist who are flatmates with his colleague and best friend, Sheldon. He has a short stature but to everyone's amazement (including his), he's been lucky with the ladies so far in the series.
- Penny - The sexy girl-next-door who's trying to become an actress. With random unsuccessful attempts to get a break, she makes ends meet as a waitress/bartender at The Cheesecake Factory. Despite her difference with the group, she enjoys their company a lot.
- Howard Wolowitz, M. Eng. - He's an aerospace engineer. He still gets criticized though (mainly by Sheldon), because unlike the other three whiz, he doesn't have a Ph. D. He has a strong love-hate relationship with his mother whom he lives with. He also likes hitting on women to no success.
- Rajesh Koothrappali, Ph. D. - An Indian rich kid who works as a particle astrophysicist in the US. He skypes with his parents often. Raj literally cannot talk to women unless he drinks alcohol.
- Sheldon Cooper, Ph. D., Sc. D. - The best and worst of the group (I mean it in a positive way really! He's my favorite among the bunch!). He's a theoretical physicist with an IQ of 187. Sheldon appears to be borderline obsessive-compulsive. He has a lot of quirks such as his over-possessiveness of the left nook of their couch which he calls 'his spot'. He's also relatively unable to keep a secret, detect sarcasm, and show sexual interest... Until recently, when he met Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler, his female counterpart who he refers to as 'a girl and a friend but not his girlfriend'.