Monday, October 3, 2011

A Katy-riffic Playlist

Guess who's this singer?

Before she became a California gurl, she was one of the boys first (not to mention, kissed girls and liked it!). Well, my clues are quite obvious, aren't they? It's no other than the adorable Katy Perry. Although I love her third album, Teenage Dream, today I want to feature her other record, One of the Boyswhich was released back in 2008 and paved her way to stardom.


As you may well remember, the album includes "I Kissed a Girl" which stirred a bit of controversy when it was first released because of its liberated message. It was a bold move but it was worth it; Everybody was talking about Katy Perry after that!


It was soon followed by dance-able hits like "Hot n Cold", "Waking Up in Vegas", and the heartfelt ballad, "Thinking of You"...All of which were turned into cool music videos. Other must-hear tracks are "One of the Boys", "Ur So Gay", "Lost" and "Self Inflicted". The lyrics are mostly about relationships but each song is unique and tells a different story.

Katy's voice is sweet yet edgy. Her fun and girly persona is surely translated to her songs. Whenever I listen to them, I can't help but think of glitter and pink stuff! I don't know, there's something really magical about her music! Simply put, Katy Perry brings out the 'kikay' in me. ;P


xoxo, (See?)

-Martha <3

No comments: