Saturday, October 4, 2014

Hanamaruken's Hadouken

Ramen is one of my comfort foods. A good bowl of noodles and savory soup can warm up anyone's day. So when my sister asked me to try Hanamaruken Ramen, I was totally game. 

I love the look and feel of the place from their wooden seating and blue Japanese accents up to the upbeat ethnic music playing in the background. It's like being transported to Osaka where it was founded in 1983.

We had an order of their Gyoza (₱150) which was more than satisfactory. The chewy, juicy dumplings had a hint of ginger, hence, giving it a fresh aftertaste.

Ate Faye and her evident egg addiction! :)
Next served was their Spare Ribs Ramen (₱390). I had deja vu upon taking my first sip... It reminded me of Narcissus Stewed Pork since the slow-cooked meat tasted similar to the in-can favorite. The tonkotsu broth was very flavorful. My Ate added aji tamago (₱50) since she's crazy about eggs (Me not so much especially when it's soft-boiled).

The Drunk Man Rice Bowl (₱240) was clearly the hadouken (a Street Fighter reference. Y'all 80-90's kids know what I'm talking about ;)) in our lunch. It was the strongest dish by far with its sweet and spicy pork on a bed of rice and fried egg, likely sobering up a drunk man. You need not be drunk to appreciate it though. It's sooo good! Will definitely come back for more and perhaps try their signature Happiness Ramen next time.

Rating: 4/5

-Martha

Location:
Hanamaruken Ramen - 2F TriNoma Mall, North Triangle, Quezon City

No comments: