Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Not So Big On It

I love pasta! So yesterday at the mall, when Ate Faye wanted to go to a Korean resto for lunch, I pleaded her to take me to Bigoli instead. I've been eyeing the place for some time and unlike her, I haven't eaten there before. 

It's nice-looking with a warm ambience, casual order station up front, and drinks counter if you opt for their bottomless beverage. We had three courses:

Bacon Stromboli

Baked rolled pizza bread with bacon bits and cheese that goes with mushroom cream sauce. My sister has high regards for this one. It's savory and delicious but I think the bread and filling ratio can be improved. Less of the bread, more of the bacon please.
Price: ₱130.00
Rating: 3.5/5


Chicken Spaghetti Bigoli

Thick, tube-like pasta (Oh! So this is bigoli) in a red marinara sauce with herbs, onions, and chicken cutlets. It looks glorious but we found it tastes less so. The spaghetti had an odd, smokey, bitter taste (I suspect it was a bit burned) which, sadly, overpowered the tang and sweetness of the tomato sauce. It would have been a more enjoyable dish otherwise.
Price: ₱140.00
Rating: 2.75/5

San Pietro Panini

Crispy cream dory fillet, lettuce, and cheddar cheese cradled in wheat bread slices and served with potato chips on the side. The panini wasn't quite pressed to our liking and frankly, it needed more mayo but it was good anyway. The fish was perfect, soft and juicy, coated with crunchy breadcrumbs. Dory saved the day!

Price: ₱140.00
Rating: 3.75/5


Nonetheless, we were stuffed! Although my sister said they raised their prices, I think with their huge servings, it's still fairly marked. My sister wasn't in her usual best appetite. She's probably wishing we tried her Korean pick in the first place. At least I learned that I wasn't big on Bigoli (both the place and the type of pasta- It's hard to twirl with a fork!). Don't get me wrong. I'll go back there and try other things from their vast menu. First impressions do not last, as they say. We'll see.


-Martha


Location:
Ristorante Bigoli - 4/F Trinoma Mall, North Ave Cor. Mindanao Ave., Quezon City

No comments: